Intermediate Level, Remote (Chicago preferred)
A Brief Overview
Every Market Media is looking for a part-time Finance Coordinator. As a member of the finance team you will be responsible for assisting our company CEO and sales teams with finance and accounting activities. This primarily includes working with QuickBooks Online . This is a role for people who are coachable, understand basic financial concepts and processes and are excited to join a company that is growing rapidly.
What you'll do
While working with us here at Every Market Media, you should be eager to:
- Categorize expenses via our chart of accounts, balance the books, and run financial reports as needed
- Prepare both one-time and recurring invoices for services rendered and follow them through to fruition
- Pay bills from vendors and administrative expenses in a timely manner
- Efficiently establish finance systems and processes with a long-term mindset, while properly maintaining current systems in place
- Monitor and ensure accounts are reconciled and accurate.
- Help set up integrations between our various systems and QuickBooks Online
What you'll bring
We're looking for someone that loves to dive into the financial trenches and solve complex problems. If you're highly proficient in QuickBooks Online or other accounting software and know Microsoft Excel, we want to talk to you.
We want fast learners and professionals that are eager to excel and do well. Self-starters and individuals that find creative solutions to ambiguous or difficult challenges will fit in quite nicely to our lean, yet high-performing team.
In addition, you should exhibit the following characteristics or have the following experience:
- Minimum 2 years bookkeeping
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks Online
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Strong ethical character and good moral compass
- High attention to detail and ability to notice trends and identify discrepancies
- Standardization and organization of documents and accounting records (anyone should be able to look at your work and understand what's going on).
- The tendency to over-communicate on timely matters.
and a little about us
Every Market Media is a leading email data compiler, supplying data in our B2B and B2C databases to some of the world's largest data, marketing services, and SaaS companies. Our core databases - Business Executives (B2B), Consumers (B2C), Global Executives (B2B) and Global Businesses (B2B) are used by our customers to drive growth. Our data enables our customers to extract value from marketing, advertising and sales initiatives. We help solve our customer’s data problems by using a powerful combination of vertical expertise, technology, data controls and a hands on approach to customer success.
Our culture embraces working an effective amount of time in your professional life. We know not everyone wants to work 40+ hours on the same thing and we abhor filling an 8 hour day full of things that probably don’t even need to be done.
Because of this, our office hours are 10am-3pm Monday-Friday, with Mondays and Fridays always being Work From Home days.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $22-27 hourly, plus compensation for additional report preparation. 10 – 20 hours a week
- Contractor evolving to W2 position
- Health insurance stipend with W2 position
- Office dog, office gym
- Limited required in-office hours
- Food, coffee, fancy snacks, your own bathroom, cutting edge technology, high degree of autonomy
Finance Coordinators are welcome to be primarily remote but if you want to come hang with us in the office sometimes, that's cool too.
Come aboard the good ship EMM, you might like it here.