Entry Level, Remote (Chicago preferred)
A Brief Overview
Every Market Media is looking for a Data Researcher. As a member of the data operations team, you will be responsible for manually reviewing data produced before it goes to our customers. Your high attention to detail and ability to closely follow written instruction are what allow us to continue delivering the highest quality data to our customers; something we pride ourselves on.
This is a role for people who are coachable, understand basic technical concepts and processes, and are excited to learn and grow.
Read on if you desire to build skills in a rapidly growing industry.
What you'll do
While working with us here at Every Market Media, you should be eager to:
- Look for problems and the most effective ways to fix them
- Follow company policy and engineering direction as needed
- Be able to work remotely on development machines
- Display your strong work ethic on tedious digital tasks
What you'll bring
We're looking for a technically sound, computer savvy nerd that loves to work on computers and doesn't mind a bit of monotonous spreadsheet work. If you know your stuff in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets, we want to talk to you.
We want fast learners and professionals that are eager to excel (bah dum chhhhh) and do well. Self-starters and individuals that find creative solutions to ambiguous or difficult challenges will fit in quite nicely to our lean, yet high-performing team.
In addition, you should exhibit the following characteristics or have the following experience:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets and their hotkeys
- Very thorough, someone that seeks out problems to fix
- Strong organizational skills — this should make you cringe
- Effective communication through both digital and non-digital means
- Efficient resource and time management
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail
- Displays sound technical and computer best practices
You get bonus points if this applies to you:
- Fluent in Google Workspace
- Fluent in Microsoft Office
- A Bachelors in Computer Science, or equivalent
and a little about us
Every Market Media is a leading email data compiler, supplying data in our B2B and B2C databases to some of the world's largest data, marketing services, and SaaS companies. Our core databases - Business Executives (B2B), Consumers (B2C), Global Executives (B2B) and Global Businesses (B2B) are used by our customers to drive growth. Our data enables our customers to extract value from marketing, advertising and sales initiatives. We help solve our customer’s data problems by using a powerful combination of vertical expertise, technology, data controls and a hands on approach to customer success.
Our culture embraces working an effective amount of time in your professional life. We know not everyone wants to work 40+ hours on the same thing and we abhor filling an 8 hour day full of things that probably don’t even need to be done. We also value flexibility and a solid work-life balance.
Because of this, our office hours are 10am-3pm Monday-Friday, with Mondays and Fridays always being Work From Home days.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $15-21 hourly, 20 – 30 hours a week with formal review and advancement process.
- Contractor evolving to W2 position
- Health insurance stipend with W2
- Office dog, office gym
- Limited required in-office hours
- Food, coffee, fancy snacks, your own bathroom, cutting edge technology, high degree of autonomy
Data researchers are welcome to be primarily remote but if you want to come hang with us in the office, that's cool too.
Come aboard the good ship EMM, you might like it here.