Hello again EMM readers. We’re here to tell you about linking B2B email to B2C email with EMM’s product, Linkkey™! First things first, you may have questions in regards...
EMM knows that one size fits all certainly does not apply when it comes to email verification and hygiene services. Every application is different and can be further diversified by company size, geography, and the applicants in house polices. Because of this, Every Market Media has come up with a few standard application “specific” recommendations which are outlined below. Feel free to also contact us with your particular application for one on one advice from a data expert.
EMM houses 3 databases, B2B, B2C and International B2B, which comprises of almost 1 billion emails. We ensure that the data we provide to our clients is verified and hygiened to the highest standard and from this experience we have come up with a few standard application specific recommendations:
1. Email Marketing on a one to one basis
Description: This marketing application is usually used by sales support or marketing team members who are involved in lead generation. The list is usually carefully targeted and based on what the company is selling and who they would like to buy it. Companies who market in this way don’t usually generate large enough volumes of mail traffic at the same time to obtain a negative reputation with ESP/ISP's.
Email Verification and Hygiene Recommendation: For this type of application, we would suggest that the mailing party use deliverable email addresses, Double verified soft bounces, records that indicate a threat level of green and even yellow if they aren’t going to be mailing from a primary web domain. We also urge you to use threat processed records to remove traps and moles so you don’t have any one time harmful deliveries.
Reasoning: The amount of hard bounces you’ll receive, which should be under 20%, will probably come from the unknown nature of your soft bounces. This shouldn’t be a problem since your volumes are low and ignoring soft bounce records will shrink the amount of records you can use.
2. Email Marketing via an Email Service Provider
Description: This involves using HTML creative and broadcasting it to a volume of more than 250 contacts a day. It is used for top of funnel marketing automation, B2C offers, one click conversions and the like. Examples of email service providers which can assist with this type of marketing are MailChimp, SendinBlue and List Marketer, but remember that when you’re using an ESP you’re renting their equipment or using their interface on your own equipment. Like anything you rent, refer to its owner for proper usage guidelines.
Email Verification and Hygiene Recommendation: Ensure you understand the ESP’s rules about third party data and that you ask your data provider how the data you received holds up against those requirements. Ensure that you only use deliverable, threat level green and or by ESP instruction email addresses.
Reasoning: When sending to large amounts of people it is much more likely to end up falling victim to traps, moles, higher opt out volumes and possible legal repercussions if that data is not verified and properly hygiened. Due to the fact that many ESP environments use shared equipment, one mailer has the ability to negatively impact the entire system. For this reason, many ESP’s intend their services only for use with 1st party opt in data. Some have additional terms and conditions regarding engagement rates, complaint rates and delivery thresholds.
Helpful blog post: Stop Blaming Bad Response Rates on Marketing Email Data!
3. Display Applications or Delivery Intelligence
Description: This is directed at applicants that bring offline data online, match offline attributes onto online settings using email or hashed email as a linking point, and use the data base comparison table to reveal more intelligence about currently owned emails. When applicants do this they can use larger deliverability segments than email marketing applicants since no risk to sending reputation exists.
Email Verification and Hygiene Recommendation: Request a count. Every Market Media provides free counts from any of our three databases, simply fill out our count request form here.
Reasoning: When email sending reputations and CAN SPAM are not a factor, larger universes are available to increase match rates and provide insight.
Be sure to request some FREE counts or even a sample file! If you like our tips, use our social media buttons and share them with your friends and colleagues or tell us what you think with a comment below!
6 Tips on How to Get More Contacts for 1 to 1 Email Marketing Without Killing Response RatesIf you’re having success with 1 to 1 email marketing using b2b lists as fuel, then this means that you have successfully tackled finding a message and an audience that works. Well done! The next challenge you will likely run across is having used up the “easy” prospects. You know, the data from your best source or the attendees from that one trade show that always seem to save your lead-gen bacon. What happens to your lead flow when these contacts dry up? Do your leads dry up too? If so, never fear, EMM is here with some pointers to keep the leads flowing.
- Start with a company centric approach to list building. Once you have a business fit between your firms, then add contacts into those firms.
- Pick contacts above or horizontal to your ideal contact on the company’s org chart. Basing the search on ideal job role directly has its advantages but if that contact doesn’t reply or says no, you’re out of options.
- Use messages that assume you are not reaching the right person for that decision, this is because you probably aren’t. As you’re introduced to that person in the ideal job role (which takes far less effort than actually managing a reply to you) you’re introduced either by a boss or peer which lends credibility to your message.
- If you did step one right, this person will actually have a reason to respond after the initial referral because there will be a business fit between your firms.
- Get more organizations like the ones in your hot list by determining their industries and looking up similar firms in LinkedIn, Crunchbase, industry directories, Google searches and more. Spend time building the company list based on business fit.
- Fill in these new companies with the contact strategy from step two.
Now as if that wasn’t enough pearls of wisdom from the team here at EMM, we have one more pro tip for you: There is no way to skip curating the business fit between the companies in your target list and your firm. No, not even with job title. See step two. Does your data provider need more data? Have them contact us and add EMM to their supply chain.
CHOOSING A UNITED STATES BASED BUSINESS DATABASE
All businesses use contact data in some capacity. “Knowledge is king and those who have the knowledge have power”, and that is the case with business databases. Establishing and maintaining your own database takes a lot of time, which is why using maintained external database is a quick and easy way to access information that could take single business years to build.
Choosing the right company to maintain your database is essential for any business. Investing in a business database will not be one of the biggest ventures, but it’s one of the most effective. Having an accurate database, targeting the right people and focusing on your resources are the most important factors in marketing your services. All that can be achieved by choosing the proper business database consultant.
Investing in a cheap business databases might prove to be more expensive in the long run, since inaccurate databases will waste time and resources, for example, contacting the wrong people or wrong companies which and lead to an initial bad impression for your business.
What Makes Every Market Media Different?
Every Market Media has one of biggest B2B databases in the country. The database is maintained properly and contains comprehensive details on all contacts, services, brands, products and company selects. With over 66MM unique emails, the EMM Business database is one of the best out there. Email list marketing is one of the most efficient ways to advertise an online business. Every successful internet marketer has to have a database which makes them successful, which explains the number of suppliers of business databases in the United States. You can make an informed and educated choice about what is the best option for you, but Every Market Media is here to help out in any way possible, and we can guarantee that there is no better option for you.
Do’s and Don’ts for Choosing a United States Based Business DatabaseWe here at EMM know better than anyone that there is an abundance of United States based business databases out there to choose from, so we wanted to make sure you had some Do’s and Don’ts to guide you in finding the right one. Firstly establishing and maintaining your own business database takes a lot of time, which is why using maintained external databases is a quick and easy way to access information that could take a single business years to build, so without further ado, here are the recommended Do’s and Don’ts from our business data experts:
- Don’t invest in a cheap database - it might prove to be more expensive in the long run, since inaccurate databases will waste time and resources, for example, contacting the wrong people or wrong companies which and lead to an initial bad impression for your business.
- Don’t buy a database that pressures you into buying contacts or features you don’t need - make sure that you are focusing your marketing resources on factors that will give you results. TIP: Make sure you have a clear goal of what you want the database to help your company accomplish and how.
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions – It’s important to make an informed and educated choice about what is the best option for you and your marketing strategy.
- Do find a company which has experienced business database consultants
- Do find a provider who properly maintains their systems - a properly maintained business database contains comprehensive details on all contacts, services, brands, products and company selects.
- Do find a business database provider who has a large B2B base database – this provider is more likely to have more contacts which directly suit you specific marketing needs.
Every Market Media is a United States based wholesale data compiler and data services consultant with over 20 year’s experience feel free to contact us for more advice, to receive a FREE count or quote.
If you liked these tips, use our social media buttons and share them with your friends and colleagues!