Remote (Chicago preferred)
A Brief Overview
Every Market Media is looking for a Data Operations specialist. As a member of the data operations team you will be responsible for stewarding the data in our products. Delivering data accurately, securely and quickly to internal systems, customers and potential customers are your primary jobs. This is a role for people who are coachable, understand basic technical concepts and processes and are excited to learn and grow.
Read on if you desire to build skills in a rapidly growing industry.
What you'll do
While working with us here at Every Market Media, you'll be expected to:
- Create, update and systemize data workflows in Alteryx GUI
- Able to view, manipulate and export data in several formats/systems (BigQuery, SQL, Alteryx, CSV, text are a few)
- Use and access legacy programs and processes of the two above items
- Ship update files, sales samples as needed, integrate customer feedback as required
- Follow company policy and senior engineering direction as needed
- Be able to work remotely on development machines
- Notate all work in Github or relevant productivity software
- Able to communicate complex technical information to non technical users
What you'll bring
We're looking for a technically sound, computer saavy, gadgeteer that loves to work on computers and solve complex problems. If you're highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, or other data entry/processing systems, we want to talk to you.
We want fast learners and professionals that are eager to excel and do well. Self-starters and individuals that find creative solutions to ambiguous or difficult challenges will fit in quite nicely to our lean, yet high-performing team.
In addition, you should exhibit the following characteristics or have the following experience:
- Wants to learn to code the hard way
- Highly proficient in arithmetic, using software (Excel, Sheets) to calculate complex math using formulas
- Very thorough, capable of organizing large sets of structured and unstructured data
- Makes decisions with a long-term mindset
- Highly organized — this should make you cringe
- Effective communication through both digital and non-digital means
- Efficient resource and time management
- Demonstrates high attention to detail
- Displays sound technical and computer best practices
- Delivering customer facing finished work (1+ year experience)
You get bonus points if this applies to you:
- Alteryx designer 2020.2 or newer experience
- Experience with storage and data elements of GCP
- Fluent in Google Workspace
- A Bachelors in Computer Science, or equivalent
and a little about us
Every Market Media is a leading email data compiler, supplying data in our B2B and B2C databases to some of the world's largest data, marketing services, and SaaS companies. Our core databases - Business Executives (B2B), Consumers (B2C), Global Executives (B2B) and Global Businesses (B2B) are used by our customers to drive growth. Our data enables our customers to extract value from marketing, advertising and sales initiatives. We help solve our customer’s data problems by using a powerful combination of vertical expertise, technology, data controls and a hands on approach to customer success.
Our culture embraces working an effective amount of time in your professional life. We know not everyone wants to work 40+ hours on the same thing and we abhor filling an 8 hour day full of things that probably don’t even need to be done. Employees joining our team will have the pleasure of enjoying a working environment that reinforces well being, flexibility and growth.
We make it a priority to ensure that the members of our team have a healthy work-life balance, flexible scheduling that allows both you and the company to thrive, and continuous opportunities for growth and career development.
Come aboard the good ship EMM, you might like it here.